Tired of eggs for breakfast? This breakfast hash is a great way to switch things up a bit and is delicious and filling. Enjoy!
2 large sweet potatoes
1 large onion
3 green peppers
3 cloves garlic
1 pound sausage
2 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh spinach
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
How To Prepare
1 Peel and chop sweet potato and onion. Finely chop the green pepper and mince the garlic. Remove the sausage from its casing and chop into bite-sized pieces.
2 In a skillet, sauté oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
3 Add in chopped sweet potato and stir.
4 After 4-5 minutes, add in peppers and onion.
5 Let sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6 Mix in chopped sausage, let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
7 Mix in fresh spinach, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until sautéed.
8 Remove skillet from heat and serve hot.
Recipe Credit: Real Plans
I’m not even sure how to properly pronounce the name of this recipe, but it sure is good! My kitchen is the second most favorite place to be in my home and I love trying out new recipes to add a little variety to our somewhat mundane meal plan. And this one, my friends, has earned a spot on our weekly rotation. It tastes just like chicken and broccoli from the Chinese restaurant but BETTER! Seriously. It is a one pot meal, the total prep time is about 15 minutes, AND I love the added carrot “noodles.” I think it is just genius! I changed the recipe slightly to fit our taste. I used 4 eggs instead of 2 because we really love eggs, and I added a pinch of salt and pepper right at the end before serving. Enjoy!
Paleo Pad See Ew
Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons oil (I prefer olive oil for the taste with this dish, but coconut will work too)
- 3 cups broccoli rabe florets and leaves (or chinese broccoli)
- 10 carrots, peeled
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos (the verdict is still out on whether this is SCD legal, so use with caution if you’re SCD)
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar (sub honey for SCD or omit for Whole30)
- 2 eggs
- Lay your peeled carrots flat on a cutting board and use a Y-peeler to create very thin but wide ribbons. A regular vegetable peeler will work too, a Y-peeler is just easier to use when the carrot is flat. You basically just continue peeling the carrot after you’ve removed the outer dirty skin.
- Slice the chicken very thinly on a diagonal. Warm the oil in a deep saute pan or wok over medium heat, then add the garlic and chicken and saute for 5 minutes until the chicken is white on the outside.
- Add the broccoli, coconut aminos, and coconut sugar, and continue cooking for 5 minutes until the broccoli has softened a bit. Add the carrot ribbons and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Push the stir-fry aside in the pan, then crack the 2 eggs into the pan and stir vigorously to scramble them. Let them cook for a minute or so until they have firmed up, then mix everything back together.